Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Social Media tipping point... ?

Through one of my Linkedin discussion groups, I was directed to an interesting article at Harvard Business Review.   The Moment Social Media became Serious Business

I made comment there and continued to think about it.  One statement by the author, pointed to a concern I've heard from my clients - "the train {social media} has left the station."  As I think of that metaphor, it implies to me "if you are not on the social media train, you've missed it".  This may not be what the author meant.

Do you feel you've missed the boat (another "too late" reference)?  Well you haven't.

In fact, the timing could be perfect for your business to get add social media into your internet presence strategy.

And don't panic about the myriad of "too late" references you hear all around and run willy nilly leaping into ever social media tool you or your staff has heard about.  Sit down with someone and make a plan on your approach.  Make sure you have a way to metric results before you implement a phase. With metrics on social media, your website, your sales and so on, you can optimize not only your internet presence but your whole strategic marketing plan.

Let's Grow!

Wes

0 comments: